User Agent Switcher
The User Agent Switcher extension adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser. The typical usage is to allow access to sites that restrict access based on the browser being used.
Switching the user agent does not make the browser render a page like another browser and is not guaranteed to fix issues with every site. Please read the help for more information.
After installing the extension there is a ‘User Agent Switcher’ menu under the ‘Tools’ menu of the browser. To add the customizable toolbar button to your browser toolbar:
- Right-click on a toolbar and choose ‘Customize…’.
- Drag the ‘User Agent’ button from the ‘Customize Toolbar’ window to a toolbar and click ‘Done’.
To switch the user agent of the browser:
- Select a user agent in the ‘User Agent Switcher’ menu under the ‘Tools’ menu of the browser.
- Test the switched user agent.
- Go to the site you are trying to access.
To customize the list of user agents select ‘Edit User Agents…’ under the ‘User Agent Switcher’ menu.